Thursday, September 18, 2008

Too many a-holes, not enough bullets

Why do some people take so much pleasure in being an ass? It's almost like a badge of honor for them. Were their parents asses? Is it a family inheritance, or a defect, maybe? I just don't understand what the big attraction is, perhaps if I try it, I'll discover what I am missing. The asses that I meet seem to be very content with their situation. Case in point: I am tired from driving all day and stop to get one of those cappuccinos from a machine.(Those things are fabulous and proof that God loves us.) Some rude jackass bumps into me with their child and I burn myself to keep from scalding the toddler. If you are still waiting on that rude person to say excuse me, or even acknowledge you with a whoops, you might as well go home. Your coffee is getting cold. I just blew it off to bad breeding.What can you do? The same thing can be applied to Walmart. It amazes me how many people go to work there with the sole intention of being a weenie. Did they not understand the job description when they took the job? Didn't they understand that there would be customer interaction? I spent ten minutes reading an email from an angry older gentleman today. He has spent his entire life in service to the country and now that he is retired, he just wants to grow his azaleas and be happy. He needed acid for his soil. Everyone knows that if those azaleas don't get acidic ground they are done for. After waiting 5 minutes for the two clerks to wrap up their conversation about who was bringing what to Meemaw's bar b q, he politely interupted them to ask for the product he needed. The cashier who is bringing potato salad just looked at him. The cashier who is bringing the baked beans pointed. Neither of them ever said a word that wasn't Meemaw related. At least they didn't say it to him. He left without his acid and went to the local hardware store. There, a gentleman not only took him to the product, but spent several minutes discussing the better ways to compost with him. They are going fishing this weekend. So I guess the lesson here is, if you can stand to spend a few cents more, try the local stores. You'll get what you need, and maybe even a fishing buddy. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

No comments: