Monday, April 2, 2012

Nobel Peace Prize = Not Worth Diddly Squat

When the man who sat on a committee who decided to appropriate funds to create a network that would help the military stay in contact with each other took credit for inventing the internet, I laughed at him. I kept laughing as his defenders tried to walk back the statement and say he never in fact, used those words.  I saw him say it. Twice.
Then I watched this same piece of work fuss at me about "global warming."  He flew in on his private jet to fuss at me.  He lived in a home that consumed more energy that most small towns, but I had to buy a toilet that takes three flushes to do the job.  Global warming is about as real as "carbon credits."  Read an excellent book: Global Warming and Other Eco Myths. In plain language it debunks every craptacular theory that the control freaks from the green movement have tried to throw at you.
Also, I cannot say the phrase 'crazed sex poodle' without giggling my head off.  Seems that he was taking notes while his boss was diddling the help and suborning perjury.  Figures.
Finally, I skimmed his movie/ propaganda piece.  I shook my head when he was awarded a Nobel Prize.  I figured that it was more of the Left trying to tell me what I should be doing, while they had no intention of following those rules for themselves.  More of that 'do as I say, not as I do' stuff for which they are so famous .
But today I have been reading about an amazing woman. Her name was Irena Sendler. During World War II this amazing lady joined forces with 20 plus other people and while working as a plumber/helper she would hide babies in the bottom of her tool box and smuggle them out to freedom. She would drug older children and put them in bags with trash to get them out of the concentration camps.
These children were then passed on to others in the resistance movement and to safety.  She kept meticulous records of these children hidden in jars and buried in the yard.  Even though the Nazis found out and beat her so severely that her arms and legs were all broken and she suffered two concussions-when she was able, she continued saving the lives of these children.
Her name was Irena Sendler and she helped to reunite the children with the parents that survived the gas chambers.  This amazing woman, quite possible the bravest soul I have ever read about brings tears to my eyes as I try to imagine the courage that she must have had.  This living saint was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize and lost to a man who gave a slide show about pseudo science that is now being investigated for fraud, as most of the "research" used to fabricate these lies was fraudulent.  Ask yourself if a Nobel Prize is anything more than a glorified gold star that is awarded to the most liberal idiot that can be found to spout their agenda.  You'll thank me later.

No comments: